044. When the Twins found out that Ron was a prefect, they couldn’t believe their luck. When they realized that Hermione was the other prefect, they weren’t as cautious as they could have been. Seeing as they were friends—to an extent—with the Golden Trio, they assumed, as many would, that they’d get special treatment. They were wrong; at least, where Hermione was concerned. That didn’t bug them though. Halfway during their school year, they didn’t care about grades or school anymore; all they wanted was to get Umbridge the hell out of the school, as did Ron and Hermione. They were allowed free reign, and they let their free flag fly. It was the Year of the Weasley Twins.
Interview on filming Fred’s death.
Sorry for the deviation in the head-canon. I just thought I’d post these on one Tumblr post for everyone to see. :)
Yeah, it was pretty hard on all of us seeing James like that but we all felt really bad for Oliver. I mean, we were acting sad about it because he was our fake brother or son or friend but Oliver had it for real, you know, that was his real brother, his real best friend lying there. So we all gave him a hug after and for the first time James and Oliver said ‘I love you’ to each other in front of us. Not that they would ever admit it but it was still a very sweet moment.
Filming Fred’s death was actually pretty easy. On the day we filmed I knew it was gonna happen so every time I saw James I would get really sad. When we went to film it they had James lay down on the stretcher and just wait until the rest of the cast got there. I took one look at James on the stretcher and burst into tears. I can’t even imagine how it would feel to lose him. We have done everything together since birth and to see my brother laying down on a stretcher pretending to be dead just killed me inside. After James got up and I gave him a huge hug. David said you did great, it was very believable. Then I told him I just thought of it as me and James not Fred and George.
It was surreal. I feel like a really close friend has died. It was more like a Saving Private Ryan scene than Harry Potter, so it was kind of cool, because every guy wants to be in an action movie and that’s what this is. But I pretty much just laid there and fell asleep. I think it was more of a challenge for the other guys than me. Rupert and Oliver, they really upped their game for that one. Hopefully people will like how it’s been done. […] I think that it was an emotional day for everyone when we shot Fred lying there. We did about five takes total, and then Oliver was done because it had emotionally drained him. It’s really hard to put yourself in that position and imagine that kind of thing.
O43. When Charlie left to go to Romania after he graduated from Hogwarts, he invited his family to visit him. In fact, Fred and George were the first of the family to visit their older brother. The summer before their third year, Charlie took them to see a pair of Hungarian Horntail hatchlings. They got to take care of the hatchlings for a couple of weeks before they had to go home. Since then, the Twins were thrilled with any mention of dragons, and they always wanted to make ‘mini’ dragons for their jokeshop. When Harry got his mini-dragon during the Triwizard Tournament, they had the perfect test subject. They named her Charlotte.
042. Harry watched when Ron came up to George, and the distraught twin flung his arms around his younger brother. Harry knew of the bond between the Twins, but he hadn’t known how deep it actually went. He realized now that when Fred had died, George had lost half of himself, and his soul. Harry didn’t know what to do; he just stood there and watched as his friends wept over one of his good friend’s body. He had a feeling that George would never truly recover from the loss of his best friend, brother, and Twin: Fred Weasley.
041. George had always been the more sensitive of the two. When Ginny was feeling upset about something, she would always go to Big Brother George. George was only a little bit quieter than Fred, and he wasn’t usually the mastermind of their pranks. When Fred died, George was lost. Even though they joked around about who was more better looking than who, he knew that his better half had disappeared. When he was with his Twin, he was whole; he was always a better person when he was with Fred. With Fred gone, George didn’t know what to do with his life. He even shut down the joke shop for an undetermined amount of time after Fred’s death. He was lost, and he couldn’t find himself.
040. Arthur brought the Twins to his work when they were ten years old. Big mistake. In only on hour, the Twins managed to damage six of the floors, let loose many dangerous magical creatures, set fire to the Minister’s office, waterlogged all of the messenger owls, trick Mad-Eye Moody into attacking an innocent secretary, and cause the statues in the Atrium to somehow start melting. Arthur kept them as far away from his work as possible after that.
039. Whenever they hung out in the Gryffindor common room, the Twins claimed the couch. Usually, they stretched out across it so that no one else could sit on it. That didn’t stop some people from sitting on the couch. Ron, Harry, and Hermione seemed to ignore the Twins and just sit down on top of them. When that happened, Fred and George rolled over, knocking the Golden Trio to the ground and causing the other students in the common room to laugh.
038. The Twins were selected as Beaters in their second year. They refused to have separate try-outs, and the captain of the Quidditch team, which happened to be their big brother Charlie, allowed them to try-out together. Much to everyone’s, including Charlie’s, surprise, the Twins excelled at being beaters, so much that Charlie didn’t even really watch the other beaters; he knew that he wanted his little twin brothers on his Quidditch team.
037. In their first year, the Twins were excited at being in school with their brother Charlie, finally. They didn’t really care that Percy was in school with them; they just wanted to hang around their cool older brother. When they figured out that Charlie wasn’t playing favorite, they decided to let their prankster selves loose. From that moment on, the Weasley Twins were forever branded into Hogwarts History.
036. When Ron had to dance with Professor McGonagall to teach the students how to dance for the Yule Ball, the Twins never let him live it down. At every chance they got, even a year later, they’d pretend to dance with each other while looking ‘adoringly’ at Ron. “Ronnie-icklekins,” Fred cooed one day. “When are you gonna show ‘Mione all those moves?” The Twins cackled as they dodged Ron’s attempts to strangle them. He would always keep those memories near to his heart.
In simple language: Twins get drunk, things go boom.
035. The first time the Twins got drunk together, they blew up a Muggle church. The last time they got drunk together, they blew up Auntie Muriel’s lakehouse. In simple language: Twins get drunk, things go boom.
034. During the summer of their sixth year at Hogwarts, the Twins snuck Pigwidgeon into the World Quidditch Cup. Ron couldn’t understand why Pig grew unbearably hyper whenever he was around broomsticks after that summer.
033. Fred had always called Angelina ‘Angie’ when they were having their alone time in sixth year. It wasn’t until George and Angelina were engaged that George started calling Angelina ‘Angie’, and Angelina started calling George ‘Georgie’. They both felt that by calling each other by the nickname Fred had given them, they were keeping his memory alive. But it was only on very rare occasions that they called each other Angie and Georgie, so that it would be that much more special when they heard the nickname.
032. A week before the Yule ball in their sixth year, Fred and George were relaxed about the entire thing. It was only until Ron and Harry were neurosing about not having dates that the Twins realized they didn’t have dates. What did they do? Well, Fred chucked a piece of paper at Angelina, and asked her that why. George was more subtle. He just walked up to Katie Bell after the study hall and flat out asked her. Both girls said yes.